Header Graphic
Representing Talent Worldwide
Divine Rhythm News > Divine Rhythm News
Divine Rhythm News

Jun 11, 2008

IN THIS ISSUE:

*DRP ARTISTS*

-Jason Samuels Smith – Int/Adv Tap Masterclass series AT AILEY 6/10, 6/11,6/17,6/18 4:30-6pm – take all or one www.alvinailey.org
- Chloe Arnold in the News: DANCE INFORMA
-Grand Opening of Manhattan Movement & Arts Center – featuring Choreography by Sue Samuels and other faculty members.
- Classes for Adults and Kids & Tap Jams with Dormeshia Sumbry-Edwards at The Harlem Tap Studio

*EAST COAST*

-New Tap Jam at St. Nick’s Pub – Wednesdays
-New Tap Jam at Chelsea Studios – Saturdays
- Jazzmania Society: Jazz & Tap featuring Harvie S Trio,with Phil Woods, Max Pollack, Roxane Butterfly, Tina Pratt, Jane Goldberg plus guests Friday, June 13th
- Step Afrika with Ryan Johnson
- New Classes added to ATDF’s Tap City, and Tap Challenge Continues!!!
-New Production by Harlem School of the Arts: My Choices, My Values, My Life;Takes Tough Issues to the HSA Stage
-DAWN HAMPTON’s BIRTHDAY – can’t believe I missed it!
-Women of Color Drum Jam
-News from Myelproductions

*WESTCOAST*
- Creating Dance for the Camera – Seminar by MSA
- Rusty Frank Presents The Bill Elliott Swing Orchestra

*DRP ARTISTS*
NEWS UPDATES & EVENTS

JASON SAMUELS SMITH offers Intermediate/Advanced Workshops on Tuesdays and Wednesdays - 6/10, 6/11, 6/17, 6/18 ONLY from 6-8pm as part of:

The Ailey Extension Summer Workshop Series:

Create Your Own Summer Workshop Guest Teachers in June 2008 Series _June 2 – 22, 2008_
Choose from 3 weeks of daily classes in a variety of techniques with the best instructors New York City has to offer: HIP HOP REPERTORY with ROBIN DUNN, ballet with MADAME DARVASH, hip hop with Tweetie, Tap with JASON SAMUELS SMITH, Horton with Milton Myers and much, much more!
Don't miss your chance to train with the best!
Workshop Class Prices Apply:_5 Classes = $90 ($85 Prof Rate)_1 Class = $18.50 ($17.50 Prof Rate)
For a schedule and more information, visit: www.alvinailey.org
=================

GREAT REVIEW OF CHLOE ARNOLD’s CLASSES….all-around interesting publication…check it out:

DANCE INFORMA JUNE/JULY OUT NOW!
Click on cover to read current edition!
Or visit http://www.danceinforma.com/DanceInformaJuneJuly08.html

================================

Hi Everyone!
I have some exciting news! I will be teaching at a new studio here in midtown New York. You are invited to the Open House Press Conference and show by the teachers.

I hope you can come, I will be there, and my dance group will be performing.

Thank You,
Sue Samuels

Dear Teachers,
We welcome you and your students to our Press Conference Open House at MMAC on Thursday
June 26 from 6-8pm.
The invitaion is attached.
Looking forward to seeing you.
Dorit Koppel

Coordinator
Manhattan Movement and Arts Center
248 West 60st
New York NY 10023
=================

HARLEM IS HAPPENING...

MONDAYS 5:30-7pm with Dormeshia Sumbry-Edwards, Classes for KIDS, Private Lessons, TAP JAM SATURDAYS and more... VISIT www.harlemtap.com for details.
=================

*EAST COAST *
NEWS UPDATES & EVENTS

TAP JAM:

TAP DANCE WEDNESDAYS @ St NICKs PUB!!!
Body:
Spread the word!!! I hope you can grace the place...We start 8-10PM...Thanx for your presence...tell your friends!!! The PUB is located at 149th St & St Nicholas Av, Harlem NYC...No COVER...No Minnimum...No Excuses...Bring your dancin' feet!!!
======================

TAP JAM:

Hey everyone!

Information about the Tap jam this Saturday, from 5-6p.m. is listed below. If you have any questions feel free to call me on my cell: 607-738-5113.

Hope to see you there!
-Arleigh

*Tap Jam*

Bring your shoes and get ready for a good time!

*When:* Saturday, June 14th

*Where:* Chelsea Studios
6th Floor (the studio will be listed under C3 Tap Co-op)
151 West 26th Street
Between 6th and 7th Aves.
Info: 212-647-1100

*Time:* 5:00pm - 6:00pm

*Cost:* $2.00

This event is sponsored by the members of C3 Tap
Co-operative.

Website: www.myspace.com/c3newyorktapcooperative
E-mail: c3tapcooperative@gmail.com
======================

Jazzmania Society: Jazz & Tap featuring Harvie S Trio,with Phil Woods, Max Pollack, Roxane Butterfly, Tina Pratt, Jane Goldberg plus guests Friday, June 13th
7:00 pm - Free Humanities Program Panel Discussion with artists who performed at Jazzmania: Jane Goldberg/Dancer, Mike Morgenstern/Owner,Tina Pratt/Dancer, Harvie S/Bassist, Moderated by Willard Jenkins
8:30 pm - Concert Harvie S. - Musical Director; Dancers: Roxane Butterfly and Max Pollak and guest appearance of Jane Goldberg and Tina Pratt; Performances by Harvie S Trio with special guest Phil Woods
Tribeca Performing Arts Center is located on the campus of the Borough of Manhattan Community College, 199 Chambers Street , New York , NY 10007

Greetings Friends,

Ryan is performing with StepAfrika this week, and you can support the company by attending one the 5 concerts held at the Atlas Theater in DC for $25.00 a ticket (see the link below).

Sidebar: Ryan has choreographed his first group piece for StepAfrika, and one of his dancers is a member of STOMP.

I am truly a proud mama!

Also, Ryan one of two individual artists to receive a substantial grant from the Maryland Arts Council for his choreography. He will receive his award on Saturday at MICA.

I guess the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree!

Peace,
Vanessa Jackson Johnson